Finding reliable fence contractor can be quite tricky. Most homeowners think that it is difficult and complicated. However, if you know the tricks and tips, the process can be fun. In fact, you get to learn a lot through the process.
How to Find Trusted Fence Contractor
Here are some things you should know before hiring a fence contractor, like garden fences Bristol:
- Find at least 3 to 4 candidates before narrowing it down to one special contractor. Having several options will ensure the smooth processing
- Second, you need to make sure that the contractor is experienced and skilled. If it is possible, look for a contractor with at least 10 years of experience in the field.
- Have an interview session with them. Ask the right questions and assess their answers. You can learn about their expertise from their answers.
- Be sure about the company’s reputation. You can check the BBB for it. You can also ask for references to check their credibility and past experience with previous clients.
- The contractor should have licenses and insurance. The license is a written proof of their credibility and ability, and insurance is for your protection in case something goes wrong during the installation.
Ask the right questions, such as:
- What material would they use and why?
- What procedures are involved in the installation? In case you are replacing the old fence with a new one, ask them the explanation about removal and replacement. Is it possible to recycle the old fence materials?
- Do they provide a warranty? Do they have insurance?
- Will they finish on time?
You should be aware of these situations:
- Contractors who pressure you to make decision right away
- Contractors who don’t want to give you any written estimation
- Contractors who require you to make full payments before they even get the work done
- Contractors who can’t describe their service in details. It’s like the numbers they produce come from thin air.